Take your Parenting Style to THAT LEVEL with Jones & Mae Kids Bank! #Giveaway
When we were kids, I am sure we all enjoyed getting perks, especially toys & shopping money from our parents. Did we really think about saving then? I don't remember anything like that except for few occasions. As kids, we had no idea, the importance to save, manage, share or even stash money the right way to spend later. And today, realizing that these things are absolute necessities to pass on, parenting becomes even more adventurous! It's the duty of parents to start introducing some basics about money early in age, so that taking right financial decisions becomes part of the lifestyle later. Talking about money basics, I recently came across this wonderful, interesting and realistic "The TRIO Method" from Jones & Mae, designed especially for kids. I just love their approach of making money-saving fun & easy for kids! There is definitely lot of thinking behind this innovative concept. In short, TRIO Method helps kids, to distinguish 'likes', 'needs', 'wants' and understand money principles in 3 simple, easy & ultimate terms: 'SPEND', 'SAVE' & 'SHARE'. Wonderful right, keep reading as the implementation gets better!
Jones & Mae is a children's educational brand that takes pride in introducing their TRIO method, which focuses on empowering great living through great habits right from early ages of kids, to guide into into great future. The TRIO method is mainly designed for kids between 3-10. For teens and up, it is recommended to use TRIO, while you introduce them to actual bank accounts.
What is The TRIO Method?
It is a easy, time-saving, fun and engaging technique to teach kids of 3-10 years, about the basic principles of money. It introduces three main ways to manage their money: Spend, Save and Share. Each TRIO set comes with 3 custom designed, eco-friendly and kid-friendly bamboo savings banks and instructions for getting started. These are made out of Non-Toxic Bamboo, that are Sustainably Harvested, FDA Food Grade Quality.
- The wooden banks are very well built, beautifully designed and are sure to fit in any ambient.
- Very simple and effective method, could be started right-away without any training.
- The banks come with magnetic lids and oversized money slots, perfect to fit bills.
How to approach?
It is definitely not rocket-science, but realistic everyday scenario where parents could take responsibility and set some ground rules and introduce the TRIO method as a "big kid" responsibility, and not as a gift! As parent, be clear, consistent and committed to this simple system, to get effective involvement from kiddos. This TRIO set also comes with some more clear instructions to help you make this whole new system, a fun-filled daily experience with your kid!
SPEND, SHARE, SAVE:
According to The TRIO method, a 5 year old, can earn $5 per week. But, how do they earn? By doing some earning activities like bringing groceries in, folding laundry, yard work, helping with dishes, meal planning, etc., They can have their earnings stashed in their SAVE or SPEND or SHARE bank, as they wish! So what happens when they keep doing it for long with involvement, they get a better picture and understand the basic principles of earning, managing and spending money practically.
In a nut-shell,
In a nut-shell,
- SPEND bank allows kids to spend money for their little purchases like a special toy, candy, book or anything like that. They count and take money out of their bank, to SPEND. It's like managing a real-time checking account.
- SAVE bank has funds saved, for bigger purchases, which they can't afford right away. They keep saving money until they get enough to buy their dream item, say a $20 bike or a board-game.
- SHARE bank teaches kids the importance of giving back. The funds in SHARE bank are to be shared later with nonprofits, shelters and for similar causes. Creating a habit of giving back, will develop leadership skills and positive approach towards life.
Even sweeter, Jones & Mae has generously offered one of you, a chance to WIN their Trio Method! Enter using the giveaway tool below. Good luck to you! :)
What are your thoughts on TRIO Bank, the ultimate kids money-saving method from Jones & Mae?!
I received this product(s) for a discounted price/free of charge, in exchange of my honest opinion. Nevertheless, I personally use, review the product and recommend only those i believe will be good for my readers.