'Jazz Loves Disney Album' - Music Alert for DisneyLovers! #JazzLovesDisney
This is a sponsored post for Disney Music and One2One Network. All opinions expressed here are my own!Every-time I see something related to Disney, I get so much excited and start hopping around all over like a little kid. My family loves everything about Disney, and I am sure so are you and your children! Whether it be the Disney characters or the Disney music classics, there is always a lot of childhood memories for all of us to relate to. Talking about music, did you know Walt Disney loved Jazz music and in-fact many of the early Disney songs were fashioned as Jazz songs? Even more exciting, Disney has now come up with their new album 'Jazz Loves Disney' featuring old favorite disney tunes from jazz artists themselves. Awesome right? I liked all the songs in this collection and loved many. Each of these songs is unique in its own way, so relaxing and are sure to bring back your golden moments about Disney. I know what are you wondering about. The list of the tracks and the artists that sung those, right? Keep reading to know more on track-list, the artists and how they all put this amazing album together and where you can find these tracks online.
Walt Disney loved jazz and paid great attention to the writing of the music accompanying his heroes adventures. We all have a Walt Disney cartoon tune or melody in mind, reminding us of magic afternoons spent with our parents when we were kids or with our own children now that we are grown-ups. It is a bit of this special feeling and pleasure that artists such as Gregory Porter, Melody Gardot, Stacey Kent, Jamie Cullum and other leading music stars share with us on the new project produced by Jay Newland and arranged and directed by Rob Mounsey.
List of tracks included in: 'Jazz Loves Disney'
1. Jamie Cullum – "Everybody Wants To Be A Cat" – from The Aristocats
2. Melody Gardot – "He’s A Tramp" – from Lady And The Tramp
3. Stacey Kent – "Bibbidi Bobbodo Boo" (French version) – from Cinderella
4. Gregory Porter – "When You Wish Upon A Star" – from Pinocchio
5. China Moses – "Why Don’t You Do Right" – from Who Framed Roger Rabbit?
6. Raphaël Gualazzi – "I Wanna Be Like You" – from The Jungle Book
7. The Rob Mounsey Orchestra – "A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes" – from Cinderella
8. Hugh Coltman – "You’ve Got A Friend In Me" – from Toy Story
9. Anne Sila – "Let It Go" – from Frozen
10. Melody Gardot & Raphaël Gualazzi – "The Bare Necessities" – from The Jungle Book
11. Laika – "Once Upon A Dream" – from Sleeping Beauty
12. Nikki Yanofsky -"Someday My Prince Will Come" – from Snow White & The Seven Dwarfs
13. The Hot Sardines – I Wanna Be Like You (French & English version) – from The Jungle Book (US release only)
Where to find? "Jazz loves Disney" is available for download starting November 18.
Words from the Artists:
“I’ve always loved Disney films and Disney music . There’s magic about the fairytale world they conjure up. The song I chose from Cinderella captures that feeling of magical wonderment that I felt as a child.
The song BIBBIDI BOBBIDI BOO, speaks to the child in us all, that still believes - or would like to believe - that we can do magic. As we grow up, we are at the risk of losing that sense of possibility but music has always had the power to transform the world and make it a better place; If that’s not magic, what is?”
“To me Disney represents music. I find music even more beautiful than images. Disney was a genius to create this world of movements with our childhood fairytales.
I sing “Once Upon A Dream” from Sleeping Beauty, in this song I sing to little Laika as I didn’t have access to this world of fairytale as a child”
You could pre-order the album, and they are available for download starting November 18.
Which is your all-time favorite Disney movie/ Disney music?