A DIY with Shea butter! #MajesticPure #bodybutterMy skin gets dry very easily and I use quite a lot of moisturizers. But i always wanted to find some alternative because of the chemicals, unknown ingredients in them. I decided to try home-made body butter and thats how i came across the Majestic Pure Unrefined Organic Shea Butter.
I was surprised when i received this package, it was a lot of solid Shea butter. The batch i received was manufactured just a few days ago and how cool is that, to receive something that is so fresh, organic and all natural. This came with a very long shelf life (3years!) and i am sure no one can keep this wonderful product unused, for that long!!
- The Shea butter was so soft, very smooth textured yet remained solid at room temperature.
- I was able to cut it very easily, and store the rest for later.
- It was very pure without any impurities that can be spotted.
- Had a mild fragrance and melts very fast on heating, than what i was expecting.
I was so excited and can't wait to make my chemical free, body butter at home. I used this to make my own chemical free home-made body butter.This gets absorbed so fast and i even applied a little on my skin the moment i opened the package. This has a subtle, pleasant smell.
Home-made Body Butter Recipe:
Ingredients: Shea Butter, Coconut Oil, Almond Oil, Essential Oil (for fragrance)
Ratio : 3:2:1
- Melt the Shea butter and coconut oil together over medium-high heat. Just make sure you don't melt them completely, allow to cool and wait till it reaches room temperature.
- Add required amount of almond oil (as per the ratio 3:2:1) and drops of essential oil, of your choice. I used lavender oil.
- Refrigerate the mixture until it solidifies and gets the butter like texture.
- Store it in a container, refrigeration after every-use is totally optional.
- You are done with your home-made body butter!
Check out this wonderful product in amazon HERE!
In my opinion: if you are looking for alternative ways to pamper your skin and avoid harsh chemicals, YES! GO FOR THIS!! Shea butter also has a lot more other uses too, to learn a lot more about Shea Butter, check HERE!
Have you tried any DIY at home using Shea Butter?!
I received this product for a discounted price/free of charge, in exchange of my honest opinion. Nevertheless, I personally use, review the product and recommend only those i believe will be good for my readers!